This is all you need to know about Premium Tatkal Cancellation. You already know how tatkal booking has taken a swift increase all those years. The bookings are increasing day by day, month by month, year by year. Most of the time, people are in urgency. They cannot book immediate flights because it while making a hole in their pockets. Those who have that much budget to travel immediately by flights can book these tickets. About 5 years back, Premium Tatkal was launched on October 1st by IRCTC on its official app and website. They launched it with the pattern of airline fares, which means more the demand, higher the fare. IRCTC’s sole objective was to extract more money from the public to increase their revenue. In the beginning, the Premium Tatkal ticket scheme was introduced to 80 trains only. It is only available for online bookings. Premium Tatkal ticket is almost similar to the regular tatkal scheme, except for the dynamic fare pricing.
What is Premium Tatkal?
As you know that Premium Tatkal is a service that is provided by IRCTC keeping in mind the airfare, which varies accordingly with a decrease in seat availability. The dynamic fare is charged only for confirmed passengers, who booked their tickets under this quota. Agents are not allowed to book tickets under Premium Tatkal quota. Premium Tatkal Booking starts at 10 am every day and only e-tickets are allowed for booking. Unlike tatkal, you don’t get waitlisted tickets rather than confirmed seats are allotted. The process for premium tatkal booking is the same as that of tatkal ticket booking.
Premium Tatkal Booking
For premium tatkal cancellation, waitlist ticket bookings are not allowed for premium tatkal. However, there is no cancellation of premium special trains. But if the train is canceled, then the ticket gets canceled. Here only confirmed berths are allotted. Therefore on normal circumstances, no refund is issued on cancellation of premium tatkal tickets. Moreover, if the train is running 3 hours late at the passenger boarding station, you may get a refund if you can file a TDR before actual departure of the train.
Premium Tatkal Cancellation Charges
The minimum Premium fare is the basic train fare plus the Tatkal charges, which vary from 10% to 30% with an upper limit depending on the class of travel. The maximum premium is up to 30% of the base fare or ₹400 (whichever is higher).
These are the refund rules for Premium Tatkal (PT) Quota booking on Dynamic Pricing:
- No refund is given to passengers in case of cancellation of confirm PT quota ticket.
- Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Premium Tatkal ticket booking is the same as Tatkal ticket booking.
- RAC/ Waitlist Ticket Booking is not allowed.
- No concession shall be applicable in this Quota.
- All rules for tatkal quota booking over the internet are applicable to the Premium Tatkal quota also.
However, Full Refund of fare and Premium Tatkal Charges will be granted on the tickets booked under Premium Tatkal scheme in the following circumstances:-
- If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger & not the boarding point if the passenger’s journey originating point and boarding point are different.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is to run on Diverted Route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In the case of Non-Attachment of the coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the party has been accommodated in the lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in Lower Class, the passenger will be given a refund of the difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.