The Internet has become a necessary commodity for every human being on the planet. It has enhanced our lifestyle to a great extent. Online shopping, ordering food online, booking tickets online, etc. are the most common activities that are found on the Internet heavily. Similarly, tatkal reservation online has been going on ever since IRCTC has launched its website. Most people, prefer doing online reservations for tatkal booking. All you need is a device and an internet connection for the reservation. You don’t have to wait for hours in front of the ticket counter. You are saving time and money both at the same time.
Tatkal Reservation Online
Most of the tatkal tickets nowadays are booked online through various websites and apps. Mainly, it saves a lot of time for the user and also the probability of getting a confirmed ticket comes very high. There are many websites online that can provide you tatkal ticket booking services. Of course, IRCTC is one of them but apart from this website, there are some others like Paytm, Make my trip, Yatra, etc. Extensions like Auto Tatkal, Super Tatkal, Tatkal4Sure, etc. Apps like Auto Tatkal, Super Tatkal & Cleartrip are some examples of apps for the tatkal reservation online.
Tatkal Reservation Timing
People get confused while finding the current, updated tatkal reservation timing. Well, no worries we got you covered. Here is the current timing according to IRCTC:
- As per Indian Railways, only 2 tickets can be booked using a single ID or you can say from an IP address only 2 tickets can be booked per day. So that brokers cannot make the misuse of this facility.
- Tatkal timing is from 10:00-12:00 Hrs. For AC class Tatkal starts at 10 AM while for Non AC/Sleeper class it starts at 11 AM.
- Railway agents are not allowed to book tickets from 10:00 am to 10:30 am and 11:00 am to 11:30 am to prevent cornering of tickets at the time of opening of Tatkal and Advance Reservation Period bookings
Tatkal Reservation Rules
Rules are the most important information that you need to look before booking your tatkal ticket. Here are the rules that you need to follow:
- Tatkal tickets can be booked 1 day before the journey. This means that if the train is tomorrow, Tatkal bookings will open today i.e 1 day before train departure.
- Tatkal bookings open from 10:00-12:00 Hrs. Timings for AC class is 10 AM and for Non AC/Sleeper class 11 AM.
- Only 2 tickets can be booked in a day per ID.
- Tatkal tickets can’t be exchanged as for the exchange process you need to apply at least 24 Hrs before.
- When Tatkal booking starts you need to fill-up the form and make the payment. But as Tatkal opens all over India at the same time ticket ends too fast and sometimes it just lasts up to a few seconds.
- There is no refund for confirmed Tatkal tickets. For RAC and Waiting Tatkal tickets you can get your deducted amount after canceling your tickets.
Tatkal reservation is provided to passengers who have to undertake the journey at a short notice. Tatkal tickets can be booked one day in advance excluding the date of journey from the train originating station. You can download the Tatkal Reservation Form if you want to book your tatkal tickets.
1 – When is the perfect time to book a tatkal ticket?
Ans – There is a specific timing for both AC and Non AC Tatkal which is mentioned in the article itself.
2 – How to do the tatkal booking?
Ans – Tatkal Booking is a very easy task to perform. You can read the article on tatkal ticket booking.