This is the one-stop solution for Tatkal seat availability. You can’t find anything more updated than this article. No matter what, there will be a rush for tatkal seats every time you book. The chances of availability of the tickets become very low for every individual. If you are familiar with the e-ticketing system of IRCTC, then it will be very easy for you to get a confirmed tatkal ticket. Even if you are not that experienced, you can try various methods to book a tatkal ticket like contact an agent to do the task for you, use an autofill extension or app that helps you in storing the details which the reduces your booking time in IRCTC, and there is a better chance of getting an available tatkal seat. Most of them are free to use, in a way you are saving both money and time which are the two most valuable resources for every individual.
Available Tatkal Seats For AC
The availability of tatkal seats varies from AC to Non AC class. Here is some updated information for tatkal seats:
- The tatkal facility is also available in Executive Class of Shatabadi Express trains also, by earmarking 10% of the accommodation available i.e. 5 seats per coach.
- Tatkal ticket booking opens at 10 AM for AC Classes and 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on One day in advance the actual date of journey excluding date of journey w.e.f. of 15.06.2015. e.g. for train leaving on 6th, Tatkal Booking will Commence at 10 AM for AC Classes on 5th and at 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on 5th.
Available Tatkal Seats For Sleeper
There are more tatkal seats in Non AC/Sleeper than AC. You will find more rush in Sleeper class. It obviously depends upon the frequency of people traveling from the station. The tatkal quota opens mainly before 24 hours of the scheduled train departure. In total, there are 18 seats per coach for sleeper class. The trains which have premium tatkal service, 50% of the seats are allocated to the same. The availability of seat changes with time. We will update you on any further information we get on the tatkal seat availability.
Train Seat Availability in Tatkal Scheme
It’s true that the odds of confirmation for tatkal is 99%. You can book a tatkal ticket on payment of a premium charge on a first-come-first-served basis for all but First AC seats. AC classes ticket booking window opens at 10 AM whereas the non-AC classes ticket window opens at 11 AM, one day before the date of the journey. The scheme is the same for everyone. Whether you are a bureaucrat or a middle-class man trying to make your living it doesn’t matter. You need to have a lot of practice of booking Tatkal tickets in you want an available seat.
How to Check Tatkal Seat Availability
You can check the availability on IRCTC website. If you are using any other websites to book your tickets, they have there own steps that you can follow to check the seat availability in the Tatkal quota. For now, we are giving you the steps for IRCTC website:
- Login to your IRCTC website with your user id and login.
- Remember that, if you want to see the tatkal availability, then you need to log in before 24 hours of the day of travel.
- After login, select your destination.
- Select quota as Tatkal
- It will show you all the trains with tatkal availability.
- Go ahead and book your ticket.